Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Prayer Please

I have an important prayer request. Tomorrow I have an interview for a 5th grade position at Central School. It is at 11:00 a.m. I would really appreciate your prayers for me. Please pray that I would speak clearly and confidently and not be nervous. I have never wanted to teach upper grades, especially 5th grade, but I am willing to do it if it is the Lord's will. This is the only transfer opportunity that has been posted. I know that if the Lord wants me to have the job He will empower me to do it, and do it well. Thank you for your prayers!

I just got home from a funeral for my former student Andrew Hargis. He passed away last Thursday. He had a rare bone cancer called Ewing's Sarcoma and had been battling cancer for almost seven years. He was in remission when he started kindergarten with me, but the cancer came back midway through his kindergarten year. He turned ten last Monday. I went and visited him on his birthday. It was so sad to see him so close to death. He was loving and kind, and mature beyond his years. I will miss him. Three weeks ago, his hospice nurse helped him ask Jesus into his heart. I'm so glad that he is no longer suffering and is with the Lord in heaven.

My eating day was fine. I had another chocolate/banana Vivanno this afternoon. My recipe tastes just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment