Friday, April 5, 2013

Breakfast and Morning Snack Week 1

I was thinking that we would eat the same foods every day of the first week.  I know this seems boring but it will make it easier to prep for the week instead of each day.  Our goal is to eat and drink whole foods that are in their most natural state.  The Daniel Plan also wants us to refrain from caffeine, sugar, and preservatives for the first six weeks.  I think this is a good idea.  I know that I am addicted to caffeine.  I didn't have any today and all day have felt lousy.  :-)

Breakfast
I propose that for breakfast we drink a protein shake.  This can be homemade or ones you have already purchased. You can add your favorite ingredients.  My favorite recipe is:

8oz milk or water
scoop protein powder 
1/4 cup almonds (or a tablespoon of peanut butter)
1 envelope Splenda 
a huge handful of spinach
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
ice
(sometimes I put half a banana)

This shake is really delicious.  I promise you will not taste the spinach.  Savannah will drink it if I serve it in an opaque cup with a lid and a straw.  She won't drink it if she sees it is green or brownish grey.  At first, I really disliked the taste of Muscle Milk but after I started adding an envelope of Splenda, I decided I like it a lot.

Snack
   Depending on what time you drink your shake, try to have a small snack around three hours later.  Let's have a small apple or half a Costco apple with a laughing cow cheese wedge or a small chunk of your favorite cheese.

I'll post lunch and dinner next.  :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment