Thursday, April 11, 2013

Lunch, Dinner, and a Snack

So far Dominick and I have eaten the Chicken Salad every day for lunch this week except one day when I had it for dinner.  We also ate our Chicken/Roasted Veggies/Brown Rice Combo every night except for one night when I substituted Black Bean Burgers for the chicken.  I didn't mind eating the same thing and I loved not having to think about what I was going to make for dinner every night.   Here are a couple of ideas for next week.  We could make a big crockpot of Turkey or Chicken Chili.  I know beans and lentils are really good for us and a big part of the Daniel Plan.  The chili is good topped with a little Greek Yogurt.  We could eat the chili for lunch or dinner.  I think we should eat salad next week for one of our meals too.  I love to put lettuce, halved grape tomatoes, diced cucumbers, kidney or black beans, a chopped apple, diced avocado, and grilled chicken or steak.  It is easy for me to eat a whole avocado so I will have to limit the whole big family salad to half of one.  A good dressing is 2-3 Tbls balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, salt and pepper. Sometimes I add a little Dijon mustard too. Whisk it together or shake in a small container and toss with salad.  The salad could be the complete meal or you could add a little quinoa to it too.  It would be delicious.  We could interchange the chili and salad for lunches and dinners.  A delicious snack idea is to make hard boiled eggs and throw out the yolk.  Fill the yolk cavity with hummus instead.  It is really good.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment