Friday, July 10, 2009

Day 5

Yesterday, Dominick had a bacon cheeseburger from George Burgers. He said it was so delicious he couldn't take big enough bites. Tonight I served him a salad with grape tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, red pepper, fat-free feta, and grilled shrimp. We were watching an action movie while we were eating. Half way through my salad, I realized I hadn't really tasted it because I was so focused on the gun battle in the movie. I commented on my observation to Dominick, and he said that he tasted everything and that every bite of the salad was delicious. I guess I kept looking at him, so he changed the channel while telling me that "I was a woman scorned." He explained to me the adage "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned." Apparently it is about a woman who has been betrayed by her man for another woman. He said it was like he was cheating on me by watching the movie while eating my delicious salad. In essence, he was cheating on the salad I created by watching the movie. So, by extension he was cheating on me. He is so funny. I loved his analogy. He switched the channel and talked to me while we finished our meal. I just wanted him to really taste all the yummy ingredients in the salad. He is so nice to me and always tries to understand my perspective on things. I love that about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment