Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Eating Out

Today I went shopping with my mom. We went to The Great Indoors in Orange County and two different Home Goods. My mom has such an eye for style and is fun to shop with. We went to Pei Wei for lunch. We did our best at sticking with the plan. We ordered the lettuce wraps and the Asian Chicken Salad. We picked out the crunchy wontons. Next time I would order the salad without them. It was a very flavorful and delicious lunch. I think it was close to my eating plan. Even though the salad dressing wasn't very sweet, I'm sure there had to be a little sugar in it. We are still moving forward one day at a time.

Tonight I made Dominick a veggie patty with an over-medium egg on top and served it with a side of beans. It wasn't the most beautiful meal, but it was filling, high protein, and tasty. He said he enjoyed it.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Donni, I'm just getting around to reading your posts. You're off to a great start. You are a great writer and the posts are enjoyable to read. What all is in the strawberry salad? It looks cool and delicious, or as Kramer would say, "it's refreshing!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliments Robert. The salad is very refreshing, if I do say so myself. I put romaine, cucumber, yellow or orange pepper, feta, and lots of sliced strawberries. I also put avocado if I have a ripe one. My vinegrette consists of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. I whisk it all together and toss the salad until every piece is coated with the dressing. It is my favorite. When strawberries are out of season, I use halved grape tomatoes instead. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete