Sunday, July 12, 2009

End of Week 1

Well, I got through the weekend without falling off the wagon. It was hard though. I just got up and ate some Greek yogurt with fresh strawberries. I did have to put a package of Splenda on the strawberries because the yogurt was so tart. Now I just ate a few dark chocolate chips. I am done. I was going to go exercise around 2pm. I am still wearing my workout clothes and tennis shoes. I couldn't get myself to actually drive there. Now it is 8:30 p.m. and it is too late. I will go tomorrow. It is easier for me to exercise Monday through Friday and not on the weekends. Next weekend I will exercise one of the days.

Sandi's recipe for Lobster Rolls is in the comment section for yesterday's post. They sound so delicious and fresh. I have never cooked lobster either. I want to try making those for dinner this week. I think Dominick would really enjoy them.

This weekend I had oatmeal for breakfast. Not regular oatmeal, but protein oatmeal. 1/4 cup dry oats has only 13 carbs. I put my oats in an extra large mug and cover them with approx. 2 inches water. Then, I put it in the microwave for two minutes. You can make it on the stove if you like. I just don't want to wash the pan. When you take it out of the microwave if should look cooked and kind of creamy. Then I stir in a little peanut butter. In a separate cup, I mix one large scoop protein powder with approx. 1/2 cup water. Then I add the "shake" to the oatmeal. It is delicious, filling, and satisfying. I like it just like that, but you could also add a small handful of fresh blueberries. It is even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment